Skip to main content

What can i do if my extension is denied and my i-94 is expired? i can't find a flight at once to fly overnight!!

Nashville, TN |
Filed under: Visa extensions

my i-94 may expire earlier than USCIS final decision to my i-539. I want a legal and practical steps to be able tocome back and visit my family &friends again in U.S.A. ...

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You do not need to run to the airport. REasonable time like a week or so is fine. Practical enough?

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. As long as you filed your petition to extend status before I-94 expires you will not acquire unlawful presence until you receive the decision. 0.l

    Answer provided is general in nature and based on the limited facts presented, it should not be construed as legal counsel and does not establish an attorney/client relationship with Olubusayo Fasidi. If you need more information based on response please call 713-954-4873, to schedule a comprehensive case review.

  3. You would need to leave ASAP after the decision is issued.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics