What can I do if my ex-wife refuses to communicate with me via text or email?

I have learned that I can only communicate with my ex-wife via text or email to make sure that everything is documented. There have been several times where she refuses to talk to me using these methods. I do not feel comfortable talking to her in person or on the phone where nothing is recorded or documented. I even gave her the option to talk over the phone if the call was recorded but she refused to be recorded. What can I do in this case?

Miami, FL -

Patrick Joseph Mcgeehan

Patrick Joseph Mcgeehan

Family Law Attorney - Miami, FL

If your case is still on going you can get an order requiring communications through myfamilywizzard.com. If not, look in your final judgment and see of there is anything about communication between the parties.

William Charles Rosenfelt

William Charles Rosenfelt

Family Law Attorney - Longwood, FL

You have not indicated whether you have children together. Do you? otherwise, why do you need to speak with her at all? If you do have children, then you need to have an agreement to communicate a certain way or maybe consider a parenting coordinator.

Robert M Chambers

Robert M Chambers

Family Law Attorney - Winter Haven, FL

What is it thatyou need to communiccate with her about? If child related you may need to return to court and get a court order setting forth the manner in which the two of you communicate with each other. I have seen judges require email under tehse circumstances.

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Family Law Attorney - Orlando, FL

Is your case still pending? If not, what do your court orders state regarding communication?

Sandy Todd Fox

Sandy Todd Fox

Family Law Attorney - Miami, FL

I would follow the terms of your final judgment regarding communication with your spouse. If it is not working or not effective, you can file the appropriate motion or supplemental petition with the Court. I would document the times when she is not responding to you and keep track of the text messages and emails.

Related Advice