What can I do if my ex takes our kids when he its not his scheduled custody time?

Asked about 5 years ago - Memphis, TN

We have a detailed parenting plan in our divorce but my ex is telling me that he is taking the kids on a particular date and that I cannot deny him time with his kids. However, the dates he says he is going to take them is during my scheduled parenting time. I told him that I do not give him permission to take them - is there anything that I can do to prevent him from taking them? Any ramifications if he does? I am concerned and want to do the right thing NOW before he does take them.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Marshall William Waller


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You can take your ex to court for violating the court orders. If you can afford it you should hire an attorney to help you with this.
    Disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,273 answers this week

3,060 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,273 answers this week

3,060 attorneys answering