Skip to main content

What can I do if my employer hasn't paid me for r two months?

Jacksonville, FL |

I have been working through a staffing agency since March 2012, but they stop paying me in November but kept telling us that we would get our money on our card, but that never happened, so we went to the office and the employer took our cards and said that they would begin paying us by checks. We haven't been paid for two months and now they are acting like we never worked during these past two month. What are my legal rights and what can I do to get my pay for the time I worked.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


First, find a job that will actually pay you and then quit working at one that doesn't pay.
Second, hire an experienced attorney to protect your rights and assert a claim.

Visit my firm website via the blue link immediately below this response for more information.

Until you retain this firm and we have an attorney client relationship, nothing stated above should ever be construed as legal advice on which you may rely in your actions. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Jason Holbrook, Esq. Holbrook Law Sarasota Office 1990 Main Street Suite 750 Sarasota, FL 34236 (888) 908-7824 toll free (941) 538-7878 phone (941) 538-7879 fax


You need to hire a lawyer

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505


First, stop working for that agency. Your time is better spent working for someone who will pay you, and if you are spending time through that agency, it is time wasted, as you should use that time that you aren't being paid for to find a job that will.

Second, if the agency is still in business, sue, right away, while they are in business. Soon, there will be a long line of workers and creditors doing the same thing.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to retain legal counsel. Florida law allows a worker who sues for wages to recover attorneys fees. That is why it is ESSENTIAL that you not delay any further--all the awards in the world will mean nothing if the company is out of business and has no assets, bank accounts, or account receivables.

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer