What can I do if my I129 appeal was dismissed due to USCIS receiving my application on the 34th day? What will be my next step

Asked 7 months ago - Houston, TX

I had filed my I129 L1 appeal which apparently was received late and I received a mail today from USCIS after 3 months saying my case was dismissed because appeal wasn't filed within 33 days. What can be my next course of action ? And how long can I stay in the country because their notice doesn't mention that.

1. Karin Wolman

1

Answered . You next step is to consult with an attorney with copies of your documents to see if any other visa or relief is available to you, and be prepared to leave the United States before you have accrued 180 days of unlawful presence, which you would start counting from the date of the denial decision.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Talk to an attorney immediately. You are accruing unlawful presence.