What can I do if my I129 appeal was dismissed due to USCIS receiving my application on the 34th day? What will be my next step

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I had filed my I129 L1 appeal which apparently was received late and I received a mail today from USCIS after 3 months saying my case was dismissed because appeal wasn't filed within 33 days. What can be my next course of action ? And how long can I stay in the country because their notice doesn't mention that.

You next step is to consult with an attorney with copies of your documents to see if any other visa or relief is available to you, and be prepared to leave the United States before you have accrued 180 days of unlawful presence, which you would start counting from the date of the denial decision.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice specific to your circumstances, you must consult an attorney in a confidential setting, not in an online forum.

Talk to an attorney immediately. You are accruing unlawful presence.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Recommended articles about Immigration