What can I do if I was rear ended and the other insurance company won't take fault?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manchester, NH

I got rear ended in February. The other driver was speeding, driving while under the influence of drugs, and was arrested on scene. Initially the other insurance company told me they won't take responsibility and claimed it was my fault because I cut him off. I didn't cut him off. I sent them the police report and they said it had no merit because the police got there after the accident happened so they don't know what happened. Three weeks later they sent a appraiser out to look at my car. He told me they would cover everything including a rental and I have an email saying all I need to do is bring his estimate to the garage of my choice and it will be taken care of. I brought my car to the garage and now they told the garage they haven't taken fault yet and are still investigating.

I already reported it to my insurance company and they contacted the other insurance company but its still not going anywhere. I don't have the money to use my coverage and pay my deducible. I don't know what else to do other than bring it to court.

1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

3

Answered . Report the loss to your own insurance carrier, they will hopefully cover all of the property damages. If you sustained any injuries, retain all medical documentation concerning that injury and seek out a personal injury attorney in your area.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: lawsuit@subrolaw.us

2. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

2

Answered . Consult a personal injury attorney to put an end to this insurance companies games and protect your rights in this matter.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Sean P. Wickens

Pro

2

Answered . If you have full coverage insurance then turn the claim over to them to get the property damage repaired. Then hire an experienced personal injury attorney in your area and file suit. If the facts are as black and white as you have stated, then there is no point in wasting time on an unreasonable adjuster in my opinion.

Pro

2

Answered . Report it to your insurance company to resolve.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

1

Answered . IF YOU WERE REAR ENDED, YOU HAVE A CLEAR CASE OF LIABILITY. ASK YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY TO HELP. BEST OF LUCK.