What can i do if i received probation for a speeding ticket when i went to trial

Kansas City, MO |

I was given a speeding ticket for going over the speedlimit 12 miles when i returned home from work at 130 a.m. I pleated not guilty because I was hoping the judge would hear me out. i had pulled to a stop and there was a car of men that were constantly looking over to me and I was scared of a carjacking and could not remember the nearest police station. I thought I could get away. i explained that to the judge and he just told me I should have gone to a gas station for help and to get help for being paranoid.I The nearest gas station was in a very bad part of town. That would have been worse to go there. I was floored by his answer. so he gave me driving school and 6 months probation. I never had a speeding ticket and just one non mowing violation.

I am an elderly woman and never out at that time.I admit to the judge that I was scared and did not know what else to do.

1. Your probation is probably unsupervised (meaning you don't have to report to a probation officer) so all you have to do is attend driving school (I think you can do it online on your computer) and, if you don't get another speeding ticket during the 6-month probation period, the original ticket will be dismissed and will not be reported on your driving record.

Since you have already pleaded not guilty and the judge has issued a sentence, I don't believe there is anything you can do at this point, practically speaking, other than attend traffic school and successfully complete probation. If you have the money and you want to fight it, I'm sure there are attorneys who would appeal the judge's decision, but in my opinion, it would be a waste of your time and money.

2. I agree with Andrea. By the way, where do you work that you get off at such a late hour?

Disclaimer: Contact me at (314) 645-7900 or at http://www.heinlegal.com to discuss the above answer in more detail if you wish. But if you want legal advice, you will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on the above answer or any other answers on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Therefore, I provide the information in this web site for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship with me. Further communication with our attorneys through AVVO, our website at http://www.heinlegal.com, and/or e-mail may not be considered as confidential or privileged.