What can i do if i found a metal object in my pizza that i had delivered from Papa Johns?

El Toro, CA |

I am 16 weeks pregnant, my 3 yr old daughter was eating the same pizza. Ive contacted Papa Johns, and their Customer Service Manager emailed me asking to meet up and take the Metal piece from me. Should I give it to her? Should i meet with her? should i bring anyone with me? should i just take a picture of the object and give her the picture and keep the metal object?

1. I am sorry to hear that. Find out if there are any medical issues or injuries before you meet with their representative. If there are injuries contact an attorney.

2. Do you believe any of the metal was ingested? If so, you need to find out what kind of metal it is. You also may need to undergo x ray studies to see if there is any metal objects in your digestive tract. If so, this could cause internal bleeding . See your OB/GYN for advice.

3. Were you or your daughter injured? If so, you should hold onto the piece of metal until you have had an opportunity to consult with a personal injury attorney.

4. If there are no injuries probably would not hurt you to speak with them. However, if there is an injury, contact an attorney. Good luck.

*This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

5. Since you do not mention any injury, I assume neither you nor your daughter were hurt. No harm, no foul. Every year I get several inquiries from people who found something amiss in a food item, did not eat it, were not hurt, and yet wanted money just because they were somehow offended or grossed out. The only appropriate response is to report it immediately to the restaurant, let them replace it or give you a coupon, and move on. Life is too short to obsess over something that caused no harm.

6. As a potential claimant, it will be your burden to provide evidence that you were harmed by ingesting the metal item. If you were not harmed, you will not want to spend significant money to try and develop evidence to support such an inference.

As a potential claimant it will be your burden to prove that you have been damaged -- not put at risk, but actually damaged -- by this foreign object. There is no right to compensation because of "almost" or "could have."

Be careful about investing any real time, money or effort here if you were not injured. If your sole witness to the finding of the object is a 3-year old, you may face a denial of all responsibility by the food purveyor and an assertion that you are concocting the story. Food sellers are very cynical and skeptical about off-site unwitnessed discoveries of foreign matter in their products because they have to be.

NOTHING SAID HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE! Read this notice BEFORE you contact me! My posts on Avvo in response to the public's questions are never offered as legal advice. Do not rely on any response posted by me as applicable to your specific problem or circumstances. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions - Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me or my law firm. My law firm does not provide free consultations. See http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/free-consultation-the-purposes-and-utility-of-free-for-potential-clients-and-for-attorneys for further details on that issue. Please do not call or email me with a “few questions.” I give advice, make recommendations, and answer specific questions only after reviewing the documentary record and other evidence applicable to a specific client, and only in the course of or following a conference with my client in which all of the relevant information can be identified and developed. AND I give legal advice ONLY in the course of an attorney-client relationship created and defined by a written contract for services, signed by my client and by me or a member of my firm, for which payment has been made. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; professional (State or federal licensing agency) discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic disputes involving universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We accept grievances, administrative claims, arbitrations, mediations, negotiations, and other non-litigation matters pertaining to employment, hospital and facility privileges, tenure, and contractual disputes. We conduct seminars and training in employment law for employers and union advocates, and in issues of professional/occupational licensing law for criminal defense attorneys. We accept NO contingency work, and we take no matters for which CCP discovery is applicable.