What can I do if I asked for an attorney and the detectives told me no because they weren't asking questions at that time?

Asked about 1 year ago - Washington, DC

After interrogation they locked me in their departments holding cell for 8+ hours with no drinks or restroom. I asked if I was under arrest and they said no. I told them I was finished. They still wouldn't let me leave. A few or so hours after I asked for an attorney, they came back badgering me trying to get me to confess to something with their lies. You know the routine. I'm guilty of nothing but they took me to jail over the night for obstruction of justice. They were in the wrong. I know this is violation of my constitutional rights. I would be happy to hire who can give the best advice. Especially, since my original attorney for guardianship changes is who I would have hired and he is the judge on this case.

1. Peter Anthony Jabaly

Pro

3

Answered . It sounds like your case is loaded with constitutional rights deprivations; from unlawful seizure to 5th amendment Right to Silence. I would hire an attorney sooner rather than later, but I think you understand that already.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . You need to stop posting this very same question over and over.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . hire an attorney sooner rather than later

4. Joseph Anthony Scrofano

Pro

Answered . You should definitely hire a criminal defense attorney. Someone who specializes in criminal defense in the jurisdiction in which all this took place. Obstruction of justice is a serious charge and in DC it is a very broad statute.

This response does not constitute legal advice. It is intended for educational purposes only.