What can I do if I asked for an attorney and the detectives told me no because they weren't asking questions at that time?

Asked 10 months ago - Chillicothe, OH

After interrogation they locked me in their departments holding cell for 8+ hours with no drinks or restroom. I asked if I was under arrest and they said no. I told them I was finished. They still wouldn't let me leave. A few or so hours after I asked for an attorney, they came back badgering me trying to get me to confess to something with their lies. You know the routine. I'm guilty of nothing but they took me to jail for the night for obstruction of justice. They were in the wrong. I believe this is violation of my constitutional rights. I would be happy to hire who can give the best advice. Especially, since my original attorney that I hire is the judge of this trial coming up.

1. Kyle J Bristow

3

Answered . You should immediately contact a lawyer who practices in the area of civil rights law and criminal defense.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to litigate these issues. Your attorney can't ever later be the judge in the same case.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Depending on what evidence the State has and how they acquired it, what you describe MAY help your defense attorney argue that some evidence cannot be used against you. FYI, It may not eliminate all the evidence. Make sure your defense attorney knows your story.

The judge in your trial will NOT be your original attorney.