What can I do if I asked for an attorney and the detectives told me no because they weren't asking questions at that time?

Chillicothe, OH |

After interrogation they locked me in their departments holding cell for 8+ hours with no drinks or restroom. I asked if I was under arrest and they said no. I told them I was finished. They still wouldn't let me leave. A few or so hours after I asked for an attorney, they came back badgering me trying to get me to confess to something with their lies. You know the routine. I'm guilty of nothing but they took me to jail for the night for obstruction of justice. They were in the wrong. I believe this is violation of my constitutional rights. I would be happy to hire who can give the best advice. Especially, since my original attorney that I hire is the judge of this trial coming up.

You need to hire an attorney to litigate these issues. Your attorney can't ever later be the judge in the same case.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Depending on what evidence the State has and how they acquired it, what you describe MAY help your defense attorney argue that some evidence cannot be used against you. FYI, It may not eliminate all the evidence. Make sure your defense attorney knows your story.

The judge in your trial will NOT be your original attorney.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

I am referring to past cases involving guardianship changes of myself. That is when the judge was my attorney.

You should immediately contact a lawyer who practices in the area of civil rights law and criminal defense.

No attorney-client relationship is established via AVVO.com. The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

Police misconduct topics