What can I do if CPS is continually harassing me without cause, making threats, and refusing to give me a reason why?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

I had a report given to CPS about something I allegedly said.....which was so far from the truth. CPS investigated. They "recommended" that I have my child in childcare and that I do a parent support group and then they would close the case. I have done those things....yet now they tell me that if I were to take him out of childcare then they will file a case as founded for neglect for willfully going against their "recommendation". I have asked for something in writing giving me some idea of what all their recommendations are and for how long are they expecting me to do this.....yet get nothing except being talked to and treated like scum.

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

2

Answered . CPS wields a lot of power. I advise my clients never to deal with CPS without an attorney. YOu are unlikely to get very far with them without an attorney.

2. Bruce Clement

Pro

1

Answered . You should hire an attorney to interview you and review the CPS reports and correspondence. See my AVVO Legal Guides on child abuse for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. To find my Legal Guides, go the AVVO website at www.AVVO.com; click on “Find a Lawyer” and enter my name and WA; scroll down to "Contributions" and click "Legal Guides" and select the topics that are relevant to your question. You can schedule a free ½ hour consultation by calling 253-815-8440.

3. Peter Jaret Abbarno

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous responses. The best advice in this case is to seek an attorney for a consultation. CPS is not the agency you want to confront alone.