What can I do if certificated stock went to unclaimed funds but now is not on the state unclaimed funds website (FL and NY.)?

Asked 8 months ago - Peekskill, NY

The certificate is in my name, I have contacted ComputerShare who state my public stock is not active. The company remains public and successful. The value may be 8k to 10k plus any splits in its history.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Try to get proof that the shares were sent to unclaimed funds and then contact the Comptroller's Office.

    The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal... more
  2. Robert V Cornish Jr.

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . It may be in the process of being escheated but not yet considered as such. You likely want to get an attorney in Boston (where ComputerShare is) and file a turnover action before the stock actually escheats.

    The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,742 answers this week

3,301 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,742 answers this week

3,301 attorneys answering