What can I do if certificated stock went to unclaimed funds but now is not on the state unclaimed funds website (FL and NY.)?

Asked 8 months ago - Peekskill, NY

The certificate is in my name, I have contacted ComputerShare who state my public stock is not active. The company remains public and successful. The value may be 8k to 10k plus any splits in its history.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Try to get proof that the shares were sent to unclaimed funds and then contact the Comptroller's Office.

2. Robert V Cornish Jr.

Answered . It may be in the process of being escheated but not yet considered as such. You likely want to get an attorney in Boston (where ComputerShare is) and file a turnover action before the stock actually escheats.