Skip to main content

What can i do if a neighbor has an order protection against an EX but he is back on the premises in her house?

Wallkill, NY |

okay i have a friend who has a order or protection on a ex he has been charged with 4 counts of child endangerment but then charged her for holding his child in their home but when i came back for the weekend he and the children that are on the order of protection are in the home. iam scared for their well being and want to know if i called the cops would it help the situation.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Bring the paperwork to an attorney to review, depends how it is worded.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Maybe---it depends on what the cops determine when they investigate.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  3. It depends on whether the order of protection is a "stay away" or a "refrain from" order of protection. If it is a stay away order of protection, then he can be arrested for violating the order of protection. If it is a refrain from, then he may not be doing anything wrong. I would think that your friend would be the one that is concerned. If you called the police and he was arrested, how would that affect your relationship with your friend? Are you a mandated reporter?

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics