What can i do if a neighbor has an order protection against an EX but he is back on the premises in her house?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wallkill, NY

okay i have a friend who has a order or protection on a ex he has been charged with 4 counts of child endangerment but then charged her for holding his child in their home but when i came back for the weekend he and the children that are on the order of protection are in the home. iam scared for their well being and want to know if i called the cops would it help the situation.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Bring the paperwork to an attorney to review, depends how it is worded.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more
  2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Maybe---it depends on what the cops determine when they investigate.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  3. Maria C. Tebano

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It depends on whether the order of protection is a "stay away" or a "refrain from" order of protection. If it is a stay away order of protection, then he can be arrested for violating the order of protection. If it is a refrain from, then he may not be doing anything wrong. I would think that your friend would be the one that is concerned. If you called the police and he was arrested, how would that affect your relationship with your friend? Are you a mandated reporter?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,681 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,681 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering