What can I do for being charged incorrectly @ a gas pump when its advertised for cheaper Would this fall under False Advertising

Asked over 2 years ago - Moreno Valley, CA

This morning I went to the local ARCO am/pm to fill up and noticed the price per gallon was advertised on the sign to be cheaper per gallon with the purchase of a car wash. So I purchased the car wash with the gas fill up. The price didn't change per gallon on the pump and I figured it might change after the final gallon/dollar amount was pumped. That didn't happen. I proceeded to work to see if maybe it's a delayed process and would reflect different on my bank statement. I checked bank account at work and the same higher dollar amount was taken from account. Would this be false advertising? I took pictures of the signs showing lower price per gallon and still have my receipt. I emailed corporate as well but haven't received a response yet.

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . There are a number of theories you could sue under such as false advertising, misrepresentation, fraud, unfair business practices but don't know if it is worth the grief.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . It is not likely they will do anything for you. You should have reported it at the time to the proprietor.