What can I do for a DR appt. taken but PA attended without telling his name, when I questioned, DR office told, they always do.

Minneapolis, MN |

I did schedule for Ortho Doctor appointment at long wait though they offered PA appointment earlier. I did not take PA appointment.
I visited the doctor, in doctor office, a guy came without telling his name / details, he did attend. I thought he is not up to level, so I complained to DR secretary about the guy, he looks like not Doctor. DR secretary told that, he is just PA to doctor. they always use PA in case of DR. PA attended for Doctor without Doctor presence.
I got the bill as Doctor service though only PA serviced, when I complained to billing, they inquired to DR office, now the doctor is lying that he and PA attended together as per billing Customer service manager. I feel that Doctor is doing purposely this fraud.

Please let me know what options I have here?

1. I would be interested in getting some more information but this is a red flag situation. It is normal for PAs to perform many functions of physicians. I would be interested in seeing the bill from the ortho.

I am a Minneapolis attorney and I handle medical malpractice and billing abuse cases. I would be willing to meet with discuss this matter with you in greater detail if you are interested

Kenneth L. LaBore
    612-743-9048
    Klabore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.