What can i do for a change of venue?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rockford, IL

my child is in temporary custody of dcfs in one county.but my child is physically residing in another county.i reside in the county in which the case originated.im about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away.im about to move 20 minutes from her.dcfs only sees her once a month. i see her 3-4 times a month now. but if i move i will be able to see her more.thats why im asking would this be a good grounds for change of venue.her father also wants a change of venue.he a non-indicated party.

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

Answered . You need to duscuss this iisue with your lawyer. A change of venue in a juvenile case is much different than most other cases. I wouldn't say it is not possible but it is difficult. You have not presented enough facts here for me to even attempt an answer. It depends on many things besides the fact that both parent agree. Like I said discuss it with your lawyer. You have not even stated which county the case is in and which county you want he venue to transfer to.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . You have not furnished sufficient information to answer you question. You really should discuss this matter with your attorney. If you do not have one, you should at the very least pay to consult with a family law practitioner with DCFS experience.

3. Amy Spector

Answered . This is a very complicated issue that will require legal counsel. You will need to schedule a consultation with an attorney to get more information about your question.