What can I do and What sentence should I expect?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Hi I am currently residing in Orlando Fl and I got charged with larceny petty theft first offense in Seminole county and I am scheduled for arraignment on July 3rd since I do not have an attorney and will be using a public defender I was wondering what I should expect and if there was anything I could do beforehand.

1. Martin Golab White

8

Answered . First and foremost; a public defender IS an attorney.

To answer your question, there are several things that could happen at arraignment. If you decide to not hire a private attorney, then I recommend that you talk with your public defender attorney. They are going to be the one that can more accurately explain what you can expect.

2. Tiffany Vanessa Colbert

8

Answered . Public defenders are attorneys. They just choose to represent people who can't afford private counsel.

If this is your first offense, you may qualify for a diversion program. If you already qualified for a court appointed attorney, call the PD office before arraignment to find out if there is anything else you need to do or what to expect.

3. Andrew Michael Bonderud

7

Answered . Expect to plead not guilty and to take cues from your public defender thereafter.

4. Justin Gary Hausler

5

Answered . Public defenders are real lawyers. Further, I need to know more about your charges and any criminal history that you may have before answering this question. Have you already pled no contest or guilty to the charge? I handle these matters and offer a free consultation. Thanks