What can I do and what are my options after a warrant has been issued?

Nacogdoches, TX |

I was given a speeding ticket last year in April. I missed my court date. I sent payment in May via personal check and they sent it back. I got fired when I received the check so I really needed the money. I struggled to make ends meet and in July called asking if we could workout a payment plan on my ticket. They said No, that I had to pay it all in full. This week I received 2 letters saying I have 2 separate citations, one is for the fine of the ticket and the other I'm assuming is a failure to appear. I am a college student and while I was working part time, I no longer have a job. The total is $670.80. This is something I really cannot afford. If I couldn't afford $297 to begin with, I don't understand how they think I can afford almost $700. I'm scared of going to jail.

Contact a ticket attorney in your area. They may be able to post an attorney bond for you. Hiring an attorney will be a heck of a lot cheaper than paying a that in full. It will actually save you money.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets