Skip to main content

What can I do and what are my options after a warrant has been issued?

Nacogdoches, TX |

I was given a speeding ticket last year in April. I missed my court date. I sent payment in May via personal check and they sent it back. I got fired when I received the check so I really needed the money. I struggled to make ends meet and in July called asking if we could workout a payment plan on my ticket. They said No, that I had to pay it all in full. This week I received 2 letters saying I have 2 separate citations, one is for the fine of the ticket and the other I'm assuming is a failure to appear. I am a college student and while I was working part time, I no longer have a job. The total is $670.80. This is something I really cannot afford. If I couldn't afford $297 to begin with, I don't understand how they think I can afford almost $700. I'm scared of going to jail.

Attorney Answers 1


Contact a ticket attorney in your area. They may be able to post an attorney bond for you. Hiring an attorney will be a heck of a lot cheaper than paying a that in full. It will actually save you money.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics