Skip to main content

What can I do against a guy that told my husband-boyfriend, we had sex when we didn't and as a result of it we split?

Orlando, FL |

My husband-boyfriend have been living together for five years and as result of this guy and his lie, we broke up because of the daily fight about this matter. Its been a living hell full of physically,emotionally and mental abuse from my bf towards me. I'm tired and I have being in this situation for four years and even if I swear, he won't believe me because his brothers know the guy too and he told them the same lie. I'm out of the relationship but also ready to confront all this somehow. Thank you in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is a classic slander case. But damages are usually difficult to prove. Also, damages are often hard to collect if the potential defendant has few assets and no homeowner's insurance. You may be able to find a local lawyer to bring the case, but probably not on a contingent fee basis. Good luck!

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


If its too difficult to prove damages and/or the damages aren't significant than it wouldn't be worth your time.


This is a slander case you would need to establish that the statements were in fact false. You probably want to consider hiring an attorney to file a restraining order against this liar. Look for an attorney by using the Avvo search bar. Good Luck.

(206) 335-3880. We retain experts and begin contingency fees at 29%. However, communication through Avvo does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer