What can I do against a guy that told my husband-boyfriend, we had sex when we didn't and as a result of it we split?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

My husband-boyfriend have been living together for five years and as result of this guy and his lie, we broke up because of the daily fight about this matter. Its been a living hell full of physically,emotionally and mental abuse from my bf towards me. I'm tired and I have being in this situation for four years and even if I swear, he won't believe me because his brothers know the guy too and he told them the same lie. I'm out of the relationship but also ready to confront all this somehow. Thank you in advance.

1. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

4

Answered . This is a classic slander case. But damages are usually difficult to prove. Also, damages are often hard to collect if the potential defendant has few assets and no homeowner's insurance. You may be able to find a local lawyer to bring the case, but probably not on a contingent fee basis. Good luck!

2. George Costas Andriotis

1

Answered . If its too difficult to prove damages and/or the damages aren't significant than it wouldn't be worth your time.

3. Evan Matthew Oshan

1

Answered . This is a slander case you would need to establish that the statements were in fact false. You probably want to consider hiring an attorney to file a restraining order against this liar. Look for an attorney by using the Avvo search bar. Good Luck.