Skip to main content

What can I do after father passed away due to illness - redid his will last year and left everything to a non family member?

Charlotte, NC |

My husband is his only living heir but everthing is being left to non family member who is also executor

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should consult an attorney licensed in the state where your husband's father lived. There may be a challenge to the will based on incapacity or undue influence, but those are difficult to prove. Is the will being probated? Has your husband received notice as an heir. You could also call the probate court to check on the proceedings.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer