What can i do about this? Is it considered trespassing? Can they be held legally responsible for not only breaking and entering

Deltona, FL |
Filed under: Real estate

I own a piece of property with 3 buildings on it. A house, a detached 3 car garage, and another detached 1 1/2 car garage. I have renters occupying it at the present time. The lease state that they have use of the house and the 3 car garage. The remaining 1 1/2 car garage is used for my personal storage. It has a pad lock on it and the renters were informed that they do not have access to this building. I recently visited the property and discovered that they had broke into the 1 1/2 car garage and removed some personal property (lawn equipment).

Can you prove that the tenants broke into the garage? If so, you can sue them to recover the stolen property or the value of the property. Depending upon the terms of your lease you may be able to sue terminate the lease agreement and evict the tenants.

Recommended articles about Real estate