What can I do about neighbor's smoke entering my home?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

The building has an automated air circulation system. Every time the neighbors are preparing food, they use their own modified fan which feeds into this circulation system. This stops the automated system from working, and sends their smoke to us. The building's management has asked them to stop using it, but they continue. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Contact the NYC Dept of Building to file a complaint. You can also call 311 to lodge a complaint.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,413 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,413 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering