What can i do about my husband moving another woman in our house?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Maxton, NC

husband and i are separated and pursuing divorce once our year is up. however, he has already moved another woman in our house. what can i do about it?

1. Mark S Williams

Pro

Answered . I assume when you say separated you mean that you no longer live with him.

1) If he moved the woman in before 10/1/2009, you can sue her for criminal conversation. If after 10/1/2009, you can't.

2) You should go ahead and file an action against him for a) equitable distribution; b) child custody (if applicable); c) child support (if applicable); d) spousal support (if applicable); e) divorce from bed and board (if applicable); and f) attorney fees.

You should seek advice from an attorney ASAP.

Disclaimer: Information posted for educational / informational purposes only. No attorney client relationship created through the use of this web site. Information pertains to the State of North Carolina only. See our website, www.RiceFamilyLaw.com for more information.