Skip to main content

What can i do about my husband moving another woman in our house?

Maxton, NC |

husband and i are separated and pursuing divorce once our year is up. however, he has already moved another woman in our house. what can i do about it?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I assume when you say separated you mean that you no longer live with him.

    1) If he moved the woman in before 10/1/2009, you can sue her for criminal conversation. If after 10/1/2009, you can't.

    2) You should go ahead and file an action against him for a) equitable distribution; b) child custody (if applicable); c) child support (if applicable); d) spousal support (if applicable); e) divorce from bed and board (if applicable); and f) attorney fees.

    You should seek advice from an attorney ASAP.

    Disclaimer: Information posted for educational / informational purposes only. No attorney client relationship created through the use of this web site. Information pertains to the State of North Carolina only. See our website, for more information.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics