What can I do about my FAFSA if my parents will not fill it out?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charleston, SC

Moved out of my parents house 2 years ago for 6 months then moved back in at the end of the year. They filed me on their taxes for 2011 even though I was 18, not in school, and was only living with them for 6 months out of the year. This year they filed me on their taxes again and I only lived with them for 4 months out of 2012. They refuse to give me their tax information to fill out my FAFSA.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John A. Jackson

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I have not done on of these in a long time but I think you should be able to file it yourself because you are emancipated.

    This response is for informational purposes only and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on any... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,592 answers this week

3,585 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,592 answers this week

3,585 attorneys answering