What can I do about my FAFSA if my parents will not fill it out?

Charleston, SC |

Moved out of my parents house 2 years ago for 6 months then moved back in at the end of the year. They filed me on their taxes for 2011 even though I was 18, not in school, and was only living with them for 6 months out of the year. This year they filed me on their taxes again and I only lived with them for 4 months out of 2012. They refuse to give me their tax information to fill out my FAFSA.

1. I have not done on of these in a long time but I think you should be able to file it yourself because you are emancipated.

This response is for informational purposes only and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on any specific issue. Transmission of the information contained in this response is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The Law Office of John A. Jackson only practices law where properly authorized to do so and does not seek to represent anyone in any other jurisdiction. This site does not make use of any secure encryption technology, and any transmissions to the Law Office of John A. Jackson may be intercepted by third-parties. DO NOT send us any information that you regard as privileged or confidential. John A. Jackson is licensed to practice law in the State of South Carolina. You should not act upon the information contained herein without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your area.