What can I do about my employer lying and discrimination on my job?

Birmingham, AL |

My employer lied to me when I was hired. I have not been put back on the schedule for 3wks because I did not know that I was working for a faith based day care and now that I have filled out a background check it was returned because of the conflict of information. They are operating under a different name, which my employer did not tell me. Other employees have been allowed to stay on the schedule. Not to mention she gave me 190 days to get it done and those days are not up yet. I am loosing wages because of this. What can I do?

It is difficult to figure out what may going on based on your question. I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney to get a careful evaluation.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.