What can I do about my 6-year old child being assaulted twice in school, threatened with a gun, and no suspension by school?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

Two weeks ago my 6 year old informed us that another student hit her over the head with a trowel while on the rooftop garden. This was not documented or addressed although others witnessed it. Later that day the student said to her said, "How would you like it if I brought a gun to school to shoot and kill you?!" He continued to verbally and physically harass her. Today he punched her in the back of the head. He also has a track record of doing this to others last year. We have contacted both the school and regional director on several occasions, with very little response other than a suggestion to move MY daughter to another class by the principal. This little boy has still not been suspended as per the code of conduct in the APS Student Handbook. Please help. Thank you very much.

1. Christopher William Bennett

Answered . You should contact an attorney in your area immediately. In the meantime, make sure your communications with the school regarding these incidents are documented, meaning you are contacting them in writing, or, if doing so verbally, sending a follow up writing confirming the contents of your prior conversation.