Skip to main content

What can I do about depo prevera?`

Saint Louis, MO |

I was advised to take the depo as a form of birth control without being warned of the serious side effects I have been off of it for 2 years now and I am still experiencing problems from it. does anyone have any advice. is there anything I can do about this?

Attorney Answers 3


Seek to consult with a local PI lawyer and have him/her investigate.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


It is possible, but much more information would have to be known. In these kinds of cases, there might be a "products liability" case against the drug manufacturer and/or there might be a medical malpractice claim against the doctor for giving it to you. Whether or not you might have a viable claim against either would turn on numerous factors including the extend of any injury or disability you have suffered, how long ago you were prescribed this medication or began showing signs of an injury caused by it, when you stopped seeing your doctor, and many more factors. You need to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney that has handled product liability cases against drug manufacturers and medical malpractice cases. These are very particular kinds of lawsuits that not all lawyers handle or are capable of handling. Don't be afraid to speak to several attorneys about your situation as either a product liability case or medical malpractice case would be very costly to pursue for the lawyer and many attorneys may shy away because they simply don't want to risk the investment even if you have a decent claim.

This answer represents this attorney's opinion regarding a general question. All cases and situations are very fact specific and require a thorough knowledge of all facts, circumstances, and evidence to give proper advice. The opinion expressed here is for general information purposes and is not meant to be taken as specific advice or as forming any attorney-client relationship. I highly recommend that you discuss your situation with an experienced attorney in this area to obtain specific advice on your situation.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


A handful of lawyers handle these cases, so Google "depo provera lawsuit" to find them.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics