What can I do about being sexually harassed at work?

In mid 2012 I got a new manager at work and he had been sexually harassing me and texting me asking for pictures and calling the work phone on his days off asking for pictures of me. he had never touched me but the things he said to me were so awful. im now on medication for severe depression and he was a huge factor. i had to quit my job to get away from him but im still not satisfied because he really ruined my life. i want to take a stand, what can i do?

Mesa, AZ -

David C. Holmes

David C. Holmes

Employment / Labor Attorney - Houston, TX

You really need to talk to a local employment lawyer. Your claim is going to be problematic unless you complained about the harassment to your employer, assuming that your employer had a posted harassment policy (which almost all employers do). It would also be problematic if you quit without giving your employer an opportunity to deal with the situation. You need to find an employment lawyer in your area and go through all of the facts.

Samuel J Doncaster

Samuel J Doncaster

Litigation Lawyer - Scottsdale, AZ

You should talk to an Arizona lawyer quickly. There is a six month deadline to do a true, statutory civil rights claim. Based on the facts you wrote, you probably have a valid claim and significant damages and you should consult an Arizona attorney before your deadline expires.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Sexual Harassment Attorney - Lakeway, TX

There will need to be a more thorough discussion of the facts but it sure sounds like you have a case. I highly recommend that you contact an EMPLOYMENT LAW or SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW attorney immediately and set up a free office consultation. Most of these cases are handled on a percentage fee basis and you do not have to pay an hourly fee or any retainer to your attorney. If the attorney obtains a settlement for you, the attorney gets a percentage of the settlement. Call an attorney immediately. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!