Skip to main content

What can I do about being sexually harassed at work?

Mesa, AZ |

In mid 2012 I got a new manager at work and he had been sexually harassing me and texting me asking for pictures and calling the work phone on his days off asking for pictures of me. he had never touched me but the things he said to me were so awful. im now on medication for severe depression and he was a huge factor. i had to quit my job to get away from him but im still not satisfied because he really ruined my life. i want to take a stand, what can i do?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You really need to talk to a local employment lawyer. Your claim is going to be problematic unless you complained about the harassment to your employer, assuming that your employer had a posted harassment policy (which almost all employers do). It would also be problematic if you quit without giving your employer an opportunity to deal with the situation. You need to find an employment lawyer in your area and go through all of the facts.

  2. There will need to be a more thorough discussion of the facts but it sure sounds like you have a case. I highly recommend that you contact an EMPLOYMENT LAW or SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW attorney immediately and set up a free office consultation. Most of these cases are handled on a percentage fee basis and you do not have to pay an hourly fee or any retainer to your attorney. If the attorney obtains a settlement for you, the attorney gets a percentage of the settlement. Call an attorney immediately. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

  3. You should talk to an Arizona lawyer quickly. There is a six month deadline to do a true, statutory civil rights claim. Based on the facts you wrote, you probably have a valid claim and significant damages and you should consult an Arizona attorney before your deadline expires.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics