WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT BEING ACCUSED OF SHOPLIFTING WHEN I WASNT?

Asked about 2 years ago - Hemet, CA

HOME DEPOT ACCUSSED ME OF PUTTING ITEMS ON MY PERSON WHEN I USED THE RESTROOM, BUT I USED THE REST ROOM BECAUSE I STARTED BLEEDING , THE WHOLE TIME WHILE I WAS IN THE RESTROOM THERE WAS AN EMPLOYEE IN THERE ALSO , I CAME OUT OF THE REST ROOM AND ANOTHHER EMPLOYEE WAS STANDING THERE WHO ASKED ME IF SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE REST ROOM, I WALKED THE FRONT OF THE STORE AND ASKED CASHIER TO HOLD MY CART I WOULD BE BACK I HAD TO GO HOME REAL QUICK THAT I WOULD RETURN IN APROX. 15 MINS. AS I WALKED OUT A EMPLOYEE STOPPED ME GRABBED MY ARM AND TOLD ME TO TURN OVER MY PURSE SO I DID, AND I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS BLEEDING AND NEEDED TO GO .. ASKED THEM REPEATEDLY WHY THEY HAD STOPPED ME,HE SAID I HAD STOLEN ITEMS, I TOLD IM PREGNANT I NEED TO GO I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS I NEED A DOCTOR AND LEFT.

1. Matthew Jason Staub

Answered . Did you have items in your purse? If so then their suspicions were correct, regardless of your reason. A store may detain you for a reasonable period based on the reasonable belief of theft. Here, it does not appear that you were even detained so I don't know what you are seeking to accomplish. A mere accusation did not harm you so I don't know sort of remedy you are seeking.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now