WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT BEING ACCUSED OF SHOPLIFTING WHEN I WASNT?

Hemet, CA |

HOME DEPOT ACCUSSED ME OF PUTTING ITEMS ON MY PERSON WHEN I USED THE RESTROOM, BUT I USED THE REST ROOM BECAUSE I STARTED BLEEDING , THE WHOLE TIME WHILE I WAS IN THE RESTROOM THERE WAS AN EMPLOYEE IN THERE ALSO , I CAME OUT OF THE REST ROOM AND ANOTHHER EMPLOYEE WAS STANDING THERE WHO ASKED ME IF SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE REST ROOM, I WALKED THE FRONT OF THE STORE AND ASKED CASHIER TO HOLD MY CART I WOULD BE BACK I HAD TO GO HOME REAL QUICK THAT I WOULD RETURN IN APROX. 15 MINS. AS I WALKED OUT A EMPLOYEE STOPPED ME GRABBED MY ARM AND TOLD ME TO TURN OVER MY PURSE SO I DID, AND I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS BLEEDING AND NEEDED TO GO .. ASKED THEM REPEATEDLY WHY THEY HAD STOPPED ME,HE SAID I HAD STOLEN ITEMS, I TOLD IM PREGNANT I NEED TO GO I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS I NEED A DOCTOR AND LEFT.

Did you have items in your purse? If so then their suspicions were correct, regardless of your reason. A store may detain you for a reasonable period based on the reasonable belief of theft. Here, it does not appear that you were even detained so I don't know what you are seeking to accomplish. A mere accusation did not harm you so I don't know sort of remedy you are seeking.

Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Attorney-Client Relationship Disclaimer: This email does not create an attorney-client relationship between sender and any receiver.