What can I do about a ticket for tinted windows in Ca. if thats how it was purchased. And its written as non correct. violation?

Car purchased from a dealer 1 month prior to being ticketed. The car was purchased with the windows tinted already. The officer wrote the ticket as a non correctable violation for some reason. I asked the dealer for documentation showing that I purchased the car that way but, they pretty much refused to do anything. Instead they took a copy of citation and said their lawyer would take care of it. It hasn't happened. I don't think I should have this citation on my record or have to pay fine since I didn't even know the windows were illegal. You can see thru them ! I told officer I bought car that way and he could see by temp. registration sticker in window that it was just purchased but, he was determined to give a ticket. What can I do? I have trial this wk to fight citation.

Bakersfield, CA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

Regardless of what the seller said, you must deal with this ticket in a timely manner. Bring papers to court, hopefully judge will accept your story. More than likely you are going to have to get the tint removed and bring prove to court by getting ticket stamped by police agency. Ask the judge for additional time. You will have to bring a civil action against dealer.

Related Topics

Traffic Tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Featured Legal Guides

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

by attorney

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger,... more

Fix-it tickets

A fix-it ticket, typically including a fine, is given when law enforcement notes damage that makes a vehicle unsafe to operate, such as a cracked windshield.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.