What can I do about a ticket for tinted windows in Ca. if thats how it was purchased. And its written as non correct. violation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Bakersfield, CA

Car purchased from a dealer 1 month prior to being ticketed. The car was purchased with the windows tinted already. The officer wrote the ticket as a non correctable violation for some reason. I asked the dealer for documentation showing that I purchased the car that way but, they pretty much refused to do anything. Instead they took a copy of citation and said their lawyer would take care of it. It hasn't happened. I don't think I should have this citation on my record or have to pay fine since I didn't even know the windows were illegal. You can see thru them ! I told officer I bought car that way and he could see by temp. registration sticker in window that it was just purchased but, he was determined to give a ticket. What can I do? I have trial this wk to fight citation.

1. Answered . Regardless of what the seller said, you must deal with this ticket in a timely manner. Bring papers to court, hopefully judge will accept your story. More than likely you are going to have to get the tint removed and bring prove to court by getting ticket stamped by police agency. Ask the judge for additional time. You will have to bring a civil action against dealer.