WHAT CAN i DO ABOUT A TEACHER THAT BITE MY CHILD?

Palos Hills, IL |

MY DAUGHTER IS 16 YEARS OLD AND HAS BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS. SHE REFUSED TO LISTEN TO THE TEACHERS AND THEY RESTRAINED HER. WHILE RESTRAINING HER ONE OF THEM BITE HER ON HER ARM. SHOULD I TAKE LEGAL ACTION?

There are many issues here. I WOULD CONTACT SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERTISE IN SCHOOL LAW. There might also be grounds for an Order of Protection immediately against the teacher. Has the teacher been fired or removed? You should also contact the police. It sounds like a crime was committed.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

What evidence do you have? Did any of your daughter's classmates witness the occurrence?
Did you report this to the school? If so, what was their version?

Consult a lawyer.