What can I do about a neighbor that is a nuisance ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pink Hill, NC

The neighbor is using the property behind my house as his personal driveway and a drive for his lawnmower customers. The property is not owned by him or us, but my family and I have had the neighbor and the customers to threaten to run over us when we mow our edge of our backyard. The neighbor that owns the land is living in a nursing home in another state. The children of the landowner have told us to put up a No Trespassing sign. My husband feels that we cannot do that. I am afraid I am going to be hit or threatened with bodily harm again. What can I do legally?

1. Jennifer Cargos Henson

Pro

Answered . If you believe your life or limb is threatened you may want to file a police report. If the land is not yours then you probably don't have standing to do anything about the alleged trespass.

2. Kenneth Love Jr.

Answered . I agree with Ms.. Henson...file a police report. This is not a nuisance issue...its a criminal one. Since these people are using property that does not belong to them, you can also contact the owner of that property and let them know what is happening so they can seek to remove these people.

Since this is happening on property not owned by you, how did you come to be threatened to be ran over?