Skip to main content

What can I do about a landlord who is ignoring my requests regarding maintenance & complaints about extreme noise/safety issues?

Los Angeles, CA |

I've had a series of problems upon moving in my unit over a year ago. The lease is now up. The day I moved in was a disaster...heavy roach infestation. Recently, there's been an issue with mice infestation...they sometimes give excuses as to why the exterminator hasn't come out or they ignore me completely. I recently asked for glue traps from the on site response so I asked the property supervisor--no response. Also, someone threw a glass bottle which almost hit my window. I could've gotten injured. They claimed they called police but, no one showed up. I've emailed owner several times regarding the stress...she rarely responds. The disruptive noise from neighbors is never handled properly. She offered me a transfer to a new unit, but now ignores me completely

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


File a complaint with the Los Angeles Housing Department, have an attorney write a demand letter, and if all that fails, you may be able to sue in Small Claims court. More information is needed to advise you properly.


You can file FREE complaint with the Los Angeles County Health Department and the Los Angeles Housing Department.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer