What can I do about a drug testing facility that didn't do its job properly so I lost a prospective job?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chula Vista, CA

I took a drug test for employment, and asked the company I took it with if they needed my prescription information. I was informed that I would be contacted to give Rx numbers by the company doing the testing. Weeks later my prospective employer had not received my results nor had i received a call about my Rx number. They also had some of my personal information wrong. Once the information was sent under the right name, my prospective employer stated I am disqualified for the job do to drug test failure. This would not have happened if any of the drug testing facilities had asked for my information like they told me they would.

1. Neil Pedersen

1

1

Answered . If you could prove that the testing facility acted in a way that was below the standard of care owed to you as a person being tested and that the facility's failure caused you damages, you should be able to sue the facility under a theory of negligence.

Good luck to you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now