What can i do about a domestic violence, so that i don't get arrested?

Asked about 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

Me and my sister got into an argument that led to me grabbing her neck and pulling her hair, she called the police and i left before they came. (she told them i choked her and pulled her hair).They took a photo but there was only a faint scratch). I never got arrested, no warrant was issued. I have never been arrested in the past.,,And we have never argued in the past or since. we also live together and get along well usually..(this happened 1.5 months ago... My sister would drop any charges but in the state of Florida it is apparently me vs. the state of FL..so she can't..i have been give a court date for arraignment, is there anything i can do or say to NOT be arrested?

Additional information

Can she contact the State attorneys office and ask them to drop any charges? (without incriminating herself)....can she file an affidavit with the state attorneys office? If so how would she do so..before or after the arraignment, should she come with me to the arraignment? should i plead guilty or not guilty? does pleading guilty mean a mandatory arrest?...i know this is alot of questions, any help is appreciated.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Eddie Jarvis III

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Hornsby answered it correctly: Hire a local Criminal Defense Lawyer. You have many questions and they can help. Some may even offer a free consult and then if you feel confident they can assist you, hire them!

  2. Richard Earl Hornsby

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire an attorney.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Criminal charges for domestic violence

Domestic violence is physically, sexually, emotionally, economically, or mentally abusive behavior used to control an intimate romantic partner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,822 answers this week

2,448 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,822 answers this week

2,448 attorneys answering