Skip to main content

What can I do about a Request For Entry of Default when I was never served?

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I received Request for Entry in the mail but never was served and I can not get Proof of Service to find out who they served. Also,I am afraid they will take my retirement.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to file a motion to vacate the judgment.

  2. You can file a Motion to Set Aside he Default. Most attorneys offer free consultations. I suggest that you take advantage of that to determine your options.

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

  3. The proper way to serve a request for entry of default is by mail. You should move asap to set aside the default. To long of a delay can be held against you. If you are looking for someone to handle this for you feel free to call my office. I will give you a free consultation.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics