What can I do, If the bank doesn't give my husband loan because he doesn't have is green yet, but was grant asylum?

Asked 10 months ago - 20904

We want to buy a house I have green card and my husband not yet, but his green card is on the way. the bank said that there are not sure if he won't be deported.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . Not an immigration law question.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . You can contact other banks or wait till your husband receives his green card. The bank is not required to loan you or your husband money even if you are both green card holders.

3. Katherine L Taylor

Pro

1

Answered . Most banks have a lot of discretion to loan or not loan money to a borrower. Over the last several years, lending standards have gotten much stricter and generally a bank is not required to lend to anyone who does not fulfill all requirements. I suggest you wait until he obtains his green card, or try to borrow the money in just your name.

4. Joel I Hoffman

Pro

1

Answered . Generally, banks are in the business of lending money. However, they have very strict guidelines and if they require you to have green card immigration status to obtain a loan, then they have the right to do that. Since the september 11 2001, the rules regsrdignloans to non citizens have beocme very stringent. I suggest you wait until both you and your husband have green card status.