What can i do? I cant afford a BIG spendy lawyer!

Asked over 2 years ago - Florence, OR

I had 24 hrs missing on a paycheck, the payroll person from my employer told me they could give me a draw check and it would be 360 gross, figured taxes would be 60, so they gave me $300, and then on my next scheduled check they added the hours and took the 300 for the "draw" but it wasnt a draw, it was hours missing from a paycheck that i worked for. And the money was then again taxed because the hours were added to the next paycheck, now wouldnt that mean i was taxed twice? Beings they took the $60 for taxes, which wouldnt even amount to $60 if it wasnt written up as a draw, it would have been more like $33

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David A Schuck

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . See other answer to same question.

    Information is provided to assist the reader in forming questions and allow them to take full advantage of a... more
  2. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This question was asked twice,and was answered here: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-can-i-do...

    Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,993 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,993 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering