What can I do.

Phoenix, AZ |

Thnx 4 d advice this how it goes,after wedding she started matreted me,smoke weed wit her son in d house everyday,cause me,throw me out of the out of the house,use her son on me,try to use knife on me,break my phone,slap me some times,but re could nt call d police bcus I don't know n later she call immegration n withdraw her i-130 n I was denied,we are seperated now n I file 4 divorce,bcus d sufferness is too much for me,now the divorce is still on processing n my visa as exp since august,what can u do to assist me so I won't get deported,I stay in phoenix AZ.,I was denied dec 13,2012

1. You need to contact an attorney that practices immigration law for advice and direction on this matter.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Your facts are confusing. You need to meet with an immigration attorney. There are non-profit agencies that can help, if you don't have funds to pay a private attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. I agree that any complicated case could not be approached effectively by one short Avvo paragraph, please meet with a local immigration counsel or fine a pro bono immigration clinic in your area to discuss your circumstances in detail.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. It sounds like you are saying that you got married, your wife was physically abusive, so you separated and you are getting divorced. It also sounds like you are saying that you submitted a petition for a Visa based on this marriage, which did not work out.

You need to check with an immigration lawyer to see if the Violence Against Women Act could be applied to a man (you), and whether you have any ability to salvage your petition for a Visa.

NONE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS MEANT AS, NOR INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THE LAW IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING AND INFORMATION DISCUSSED IN THIS BLOG CAN BECOME OUT-DATED WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL ISSUE AND NEED LEGAL ADVICE, CALL 623-936-1901 FOR A CONFIDENTIAL LEGAL CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY.