What can I do ? (See Details) Sorry if it's chopped up. I ran out of room. It's 100% honest though.

Asked about 2 years ago - Edinburg, PA

I used to be a junky.
I got over it in an unusual way, Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) which effectively scared me from using heroin anymore.

Fast forward - things are normal. I write software/design websites and things are fairly mellow.

I drank with a suicidal brother one day (I was helping him move) and long story short I put a knife to my throat and asked "You see what it looks like ?"
This was after he had an AK-47 to his head.

He flipped out, we fought, I left, he called cops, told them I was suicidal. I got taken to the hospital (cop wouldn't listen) and security searched me.
A random nurse came in and saw a pouch I had with old needles and DMT I found at my bro's.
She opened the pouch without my nor security's permission and said she was giving it to the cops. Is this legal?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Most officers are going to have no idea what DMT is. She is a private citizen and the ability to suppress information a private citizen finds is completely different from a police officer. Congratulations on getting over your heroin addiction, but please know that DMT is still an illegal substance in the US!

    (215)564-1634 work (215)849-2173 cell Montoya Shaffer, LLC 100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1216 Philadelphia, PA... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I agree with Mr. Shaffer. At this point, it is unclear what, if any, charges you may face. If you do face charges, please contact an attorney. I would also advise you not to share details online. Instead, visit an attorney in the confidential setting of his or her office.

    Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 900-5565

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Don't post anymore information on line. Retain an experienced criminal defense attorney. Good luck.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Possession of a controlled substance

Possession of a controlled substance is a drug related crime. You can be charged for having drugs on your person or in your home, vehicle, or other property.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,127 answers this week

3,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,127 answers this week

3,686 attorneys answering