What can happen to a member of an LLC who has a business credit card in their name and the LLC has dissolved?

Asked 8 months ago - Fort Collins, CO

50/50 membership, dissolved because one of the two could no longer afford to put in their 50% when needed. This same person does not have a business card in their name, however, the other member does. If the business is no longer, the business card can not be paid. What happens to the member who has it in their name.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

4

Answered . The credit card company "could" come after you personally, not just the LLC, for the money owed on the business credit card. Many attorneys have LLCs as well and the credit card companies make sure that we sign off individually as personal guarantors for the credit card as well.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . This is simple -- the credit card company wants their money and they will come after you personally if you are a signer in the account. Why don't you save a headache and negotiate a resolution?