What can happen In a theft and forgery case.

Asked about 1 year ago - Cincinnati, OH

My wife is charged with theft and I with forgery. Also recieving stolen property. My wife is charged because the check came from her place of employment. I recieve the check from what i thought was a friend of the family. I never endorsed the cheeck and handwritting is on the check. whats do we do and what the worst that can happen?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You hire a good criminal defense attorney asap. I suggest you each hire separate attorneys. The worst that could happen is that you could be sent to prison. You need a good attorney now.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,824 answers this week

3,020 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,824 answers this week

3,020 attorneys answering