Skip to main content


Saint Cloud, FL |

My boyfriend got pulled over for not having his headlights on he is on probation and he just found out his lisence was suspended as well but they charged him for dui becaase i guess he didnt pass their test because he he was on medication from an injury on his arm so that came up. what can happen? pleasse help me im trying to keep him out of jail or prison time

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    If your boyfriend is on probation and picks up new criminal charges, those charges are treated not only as violations of his probation (VOP), but also as new, separate criminal offenses. What that means in terms of sentencing is the Judge could impose one sentence for the VOP, and later impose another sentence(s) for the new charges. A criminal attorney can advise him as to whether to admit or deny his VOP, whether to plea to the new charges (and when), and/or explore potential negotiations with the prosecutors assigned to his cases.

  2. Your boyfriend could get jail or prison time, depending on what the charge is. He will most likely be placed in jail without a bond on the VOP. I do not know what to tell you except that he needs a good attorney. I handle all kinds of criminal cases in Osceola County and would be happy to consult with you on this matter. 407-846-8008.

  3. He is facing jail, not only for the violation, but also the dui. He needs a good local attorney to contest the dui, because if the State cant prove he was unsafe to drive, as long as the medication was legally prescribed he has a chance to win the dui

    Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

  4. If you are on probation and get a new law violation it violates your probation and a warrant will be issued. Your boyfriend should retain a lawyer immediately so that when he gets picked up on new violation a lawyer can try and get bond on the matter!

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics