What can happen if you have 3 burglary of habitation felonies? Are you considered a habitual criminal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My boyfriend has got out of prison for a burglary of habitation, he recently went to jail again and this time he has two burglary of habitations on him. Is he going to be considered a habitual criminal? How long can he get?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Answered . See my answer to your previous question.

2. Cody Grant Henson

Answered . See my answer on your prior post as well.

3. Aaron C. Graham

Answered . He won't be considered habitual. With a prior felony, he will be considered a repeat offender, which will enhance the second degree Burg Hab to a first degree, the range being 5-99, or life.

To be considered habitual, a person has to be proven to have two prior final felony convictions, which would expose that person to 25-99, or life if convicted, and the habitual convictions are proven.