What can happen if I get charged with petty thief? I stole something worth $3.50 and its my first offense.

Asked about 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Right now, the store knows nothing about me, except they know what I look like due to the cameras. I was about to steal a protein bar worth $3.50. But I didn't. The clerk came up to me and told me to show her my pockets, but she found nothing cause I took it out before hand. I went up to the desk and bought the same bar I was about to steal. What are my possible consequences? Should I just wait for the police to get me? The lady said they're pressing charges and I'm scared to death. Should I live life normally until something happens? What are the chances that the police will come get me? I just turned 18 too

1. Ryan Alexander

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Probably not.

STOP THINKING ABOUT STEALING. That will usually decrease your misplaced attempts at stealing, and is pretty much guaranteed to stop any criminal charges for stealing. If you need motivation to not steal watch Les Miserables or something.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
  2. Inga L Stevens

1

Answered . I understand you are anxious, but you already asked a similar question and received a good response.