What can happen If I dont finish court ordered community service hours for a truancy charge?

Clinton, TN |

This is my first charge, and it was for missing eight days. What are the possible consequences for not finishing community service hours? Will I go to jail or pay a large fine? I am on probation for this charge.

1. It really depends on your plea agreement. If you can show the judge that you have been working to finish your community service work, the judge will likely give you more time to complete the requirement. If you have made no attempts to do community service, you may face jail time. You should consult with an attorney regarding these charges.

Call 615-736-9596 for consultation. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for information only. Call me or another attorney to represent you.