Skip to main content

What can happen if he dosnt have a license or insurance but has a 30 day on the bike ?

Las Vegas, NV |

my boyfriend was in a motorcycle accented yesterday the car pulled out in front of him and he went threw the back window and then fell back out he was rushed to trauma and received stitches in his neck . he now has to stay out of work for a week or more . the hostpital did not give him proper discharge papers and the other person has not been contacted do to no information . i do no know if the police have any information on them

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


I don't understand your question. Are you asking about whether there is insurance coverage? I need more information and would be happy to discuss the situation.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.


If the other vehicle was at fault then they are responsible for his injuries. I would get a police report from the police station. That should have their insurance carrier and the policy number. That way you can get their insurance information so you can report the claim. I would definitely hire a personal injury for him. Do not speak to the insurance company without speaking with a lawyer. Hope he gets better soon.


You need to get the police report. Most likely he will get tickets for the lack of license and insurance, which does not affect liability, but you need to make sure he doesn't get a ticket for being at fault. If the other driver was found at fault, their info including insurance company will be in the report, and your boyfriend can make a claim for his damages. Best bet is to get the police report and then go see an attorney in your geographic area -- everyone I know of offers free initial consultations for personal injury matters. In the meantime, he absolutely should not, under any circumstances, talk to any insurance company -- they will tape record him and get him to say things they will use against him later.

Responses are for general information purposes only, and are based on the extremely limited facts given. A consultation with an attorney experienced in the area of law(s) indicated in the question is highly recommended. Information and advice given here should not be relied upon for any final action or decision, as the information is limited by its nature to the question asked and the fact(s) presented in that question. THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, particularly considering that the names of the parties are unknown.


Get to an attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and find a lawyer to meet with you.


It sounds like this was a very serious accident. Because your boyfriend was the rear vehicle in the accident, there may be a fight as to who was at fault. (It is very easy for the car in front to lie and say that he/she didn't cut off your boyfriend.) The police report is going to be a big part of this case because it should have the contact information for the other vehicle (assuming it was not a hit and run.) It will also give a semi-neutral third party's perspective as to who was at fault. Police reports are not always correct on the liability issue, but they are a good place to start.

Your boyfriend can get the police report from the department that came to the scene of the accident. The police probably will not release the report to you, only to your boyfriend or his attorney. The police report should say how to get in touch with the proper insurance companies.

It may be a good idea to talk to an attorney about the accident, especially if liability ends up being disputed. There are many great attorneys in town. If your boyfriend would like to talk to me, I would be happy to discuss his options. 702-518-5180.

Richards & Associates,, LLC (702) 518-5180 No attorney/client relationship is established by this response. The response is based on the bare facts given in the question. Please talk to an attorney who has fully investigated the facts before making legal decisions.


A lawyer can get all the records. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Thus, don’t get hurt twice by paying a huge fee. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You will need to pay the fine for being uninsured.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer